Thomas Rhett has announced that he will be releasing a double album, Country Again, in two parts this year, starting with Side A on April 30.
Countrytown favourite, Thomas Rhett has announced he will be releasing a double album, Country Again, in two parts this year, starting with Side A on April 30. The second half of the album, Side B will follow later in 2021.
He shared the news on his Instagram Story last week.
He said, “This is one of my favourite records I’ve ever gotten to make. I feel so centred as a person. A lot of these songs are written just kind of about the lessons I’ve learned over this decade and for sure in 2020.”
He added in a statement, “How else do you slow down unless you’re forced to? For the first time, I had to look at myself and say ‘Who am I? Who is Thomas Rhett without a microphone or a guitar or a stage?’ I had to really dig deep and figure it out. So, in many ways, 2020 was a big ol’ reality check, a complete reset. And when I finally settled into myself and my family, and started to work again, it completely influenced all of my songwriting.”
Following the announcement, the 30-year-old released two new tracks from the project, Want It Again and Growing Up.
Join our community with our FREE weekly newsletter
He said, “Country Again: Side A to me feels like coming home. These were the things 19-year-old me wanted to be able to say, sing, and share with y'all but hadn't lived the life enough to do it yet. It’s about the crazy journey that took me out into the world over the last ten years and ultimately brought me back home, more centered and content than ever, with a deep understanding for what’s important in life. I’ve had a blast sharing some of these songs in their acoustic form during quarantine and am blown away by the reaction the fans have already shown.”
Country Again: Side A contains 11 songs all co-written by Rhett, including his current single, What’s Your Country Song (which currently sits at #6 on the Countrytown Music Network Hot 50 chart) and To The Guys That Date My Girls, which he previously performed live. The album also contains a song with HARDY. The two previously recorded the track, Nothin' Out Here, which features on HARDY's 2019 collaboration album, Hixtape, Vol. 1.
Country Again: Side A is available for pre-order now.
1. Want It Again | Rhett, Matt Dragstrem, Josh Miller, Josh Thompson
2. Growing Up | Rhett, Matt Dragstrem, Josh Miller, Josh Thompson
3. What’s Your Country Song | Rhett, Rhett Akins, Jesse Frasure, Ashley Gorley, Parker Welling
4. Where We Grew Up | Rhett, Luke Laird, Josh Miller
5. Heaven Right Now | Rhett, Rhett Akins, Matt Dragstrem, Josh Thompson, Laura Veltz
6. To The Guys That Date My Girls | Rhett, Rhett Akins, Will Bundy, Josh Thompson
7. More Time Fishin’ | Rhett, Rhett Akins, Will Bundy, Josh Thompson
8. Country Again | Rhett, Zach Crowell, Ashley Gorley
9. Put It On Ice (featuring HARDY) | Rhett, Rhett Akins, Matt Dragstrem, Josh Thompson
10. Blame It On A Backroad | Rhett, Zach Crowell, Ashley Gorley
11. Ya Heard | Rhett, Rhett Akins, Matt Dragstrem, Chase McGill
Keep up to date with Thomas Rhett on his Facebook page here.
For more breaking news from CountryTown, check out here.
Image: via Facebook