"Of course, I'm extremely biased, but I 100% believe this carrot cake recipe is the best."
On today’s Countrytown Cookoff, Jade Gibson gave us her carrot cake recipe, which looks absolutely delicious, as you can see above. Before we get to that, though, we’re sharing the premiere of her new music video, Heavens Know.
A country meets pop and gospel-infused number, Heavens Know was written by Gibson and the songwriting powerhouse Msquared (Michael Paynter and Michael Delorenzis). Gibson describes the beachside clip as “Chaotic, heavenly and scenic!”
For the video, she travelled to the stunning Catherine Hill Bay and filmed the resulting clip with Jake Davey Studios. It’s a performance-based visualiser intertwined with emotion, energy and truth. The video for Heavens Know was shot just before Davey was admitted to the hospital; he completed it there.
You can watch the music video and check out Jade Gibson’s recipe for carrot cake below.
Of course, I'm extremely biased, but I 100% believe this carrot cake recipe is the best. Gifted to me by my step mum, Jodi, this carrot cake has been one of my favourite sweet treats ever since. It's my ultimate comfort food. So much so that for the last few years, it's even been my birthday cake!
Join our community with our FREE weekly newsletter
Luscious cream cheese icing, crunchy nuts and a bucket load of brown sugar. Like, seriously, what more could you ask for? Except maybe for the recipe? Well, I've got you!
1 cup vegetable oil
1 1/4 cups brown sugar
1 1/2 cups self-raising flour
1tsp bi-carb soda
2/4 cups chopped pecans
1 2/3 grated carrots
125g cream cheese
1 cup icing sugar
2tsp orange juice
- Heat oven to 180 degrees.
- Combine eggs, oil and brown sugar and mix.
- Add sifted flour, bi-carb soda, cinnamon, a pinch of salt and mix (with an electric mixer).
- Add carrot and pecans and mix.
- Pour mixture into lined cake tin and bake for 45 mins (or until cooked through).
- Once cooked, leave in tin for 20 mins before removing from tin.
- Make icing while cooling by softening butter and cream cheese, sifting the icing sugar and adding orange juice, all together.
- When cake is room temperature, ice and top with chopped pecans.